Marc Auge


Taberner House: story of a demolition

Posted on April 17th, by Rossella Scalia in Politics & Society. 1 Comment

A building vanishes. Rossella Scalia reflects on Croydon’s newest public space

Since April 2014, Rossella Scalia has been watching the demolition of one of central Croydon’s chief landmarks. Taberner House was built between 1964 and 1967, the work of architect H. Thornley, and named after Ernest Taberner OBE, Croydon’s Town Clerk from 1937 to 1963. Generally unpopular with locals, the building was notable for being not oblong but … Read More »